I have tried to make all the content and maps as accurate as possible. But sometimes I just screw up. If you see any errors or have some suggestions, you can contact me via email by clicking here
Who am I?
- Bill Russell - Business IT Consultant and Website designer - www.cloudg6.co.nz
- I live in Palmerston North and have a passion for the area and the outdoor experiences available.
- I am passionate about cycling in all it's flavours
- I am passionate about the environment and preserving it for future generations.
Why have I created this web site?
- This website is my private effort to promote Mountain Biking and Fat Tyre Tours in the Lower North Island of New Zealand.
- Some of the routes are designed to link parts of the New Zealand National Cycle Trail. I was involved in designing routes and submitting Concept Proposals to get funding to construct cycle trails that travel through the Rangitikei, Manawatu ad Tararua regions. While this project was not successful, efforts continue to get a back road cycle route from Ohakune to Wellington. Part of this has been fulfilled with the opening of the Manawatu Cycleway - The Country Road.
- Another project is the Manawatu Gorge Cycle Trail. The proposes to use the DOC reserve on the northern (railway) side of the Manawatu Gorge and the southern side. On the southern side the aim is to create a trail from Ashhurst to Woodville. Time frame is to start in 2013 - hopefully :-) There is also opportunity for a Mountain Bike Park in the land locked reserve on the northern side of the gorge. This can only be accessed across private land, some of which is owned by Meridian.